Join Toadman in our quest to forge the best games out there. We’re looking for self-motivated people who are committed to making great games. Toadman Interactive is the perfect place to start your career or showcase your years in the industry. Don’t hesitate, send us an email and connect with us today!
Working within the creative team you’ll bring your passion, enthusiasm, and love for systemic game design to the studio to help define the very essence of our new project.
Coming onboard during pre-production you’ll be expected to be at ease not only imagining creative gameplay concepts; but also build and balance prototypes within Unreal Engine.
This exciting opportunity to work with a close knit, creative and friendly team is ideal for an experienced designer looking to move into a senior role and wants to leave their mark on the final game.
– Work with the lead designer to realise the creative vision for the game
– Define, support, and communicate the games designs and systems from prototype through to completion
– Communicate effectively not only within design but with artists and programmers to ensure the proper implementation of game features and systems
– Be a proactive member of the Design team, brainstorming and developing designs, and providing and receiving feedback from other designers
– Work independently and in agile groups to develop prototypes within Unreal Engine
– Design systems that are scalable, versatile and above all fun to interact with
– Empathic to the diversity of audiences and keen to engage with as many different kinds of players as possible
– Generally be an awesome person that takes initiative and builds amazing things!
– Be a master of your field but also identify areas of self-improvement and know when to seek help or advice.
Knowledge & Experience
– At least 5 years experience on PC and console games
– At least 2 shipped titles
– Experience in building and balancing game systems
– Experience in prototyping game features
– Understanding of different player demographics and how design can engage them differently
– Ability to write and manage design documentation
– Solid understanding of trends within the games industry and how games will evolve in the future
– Scripting in Unreal Engine Blueprints or similar visual languages
– Experience with developing in 3D game engines like Unity/Unreal/Frostbite/Cryengine/etc.
– A love for systemic action adventure games
– Experience with Modular Workflow is a plus
Don’t hesitate, send us an email and connect with us today!