Senior/experienced Game DesignerBerlin, Germany
We are looking for a senior or experienced Game Designer that is passionate about creating ambitious games within a small, skilled team. You’ll be joining a highly talented, diverse team of developers right at the start of our newly signed, original IP. The game focuses on explorative narratives and systemic cooperative play. Our offices are located in the heart of Berlin, Germany with the iconic TV Tower in sight.
Working within the creative team you’ll bring your passion, enthusiasm, and love for systemic game design to the studio to help define the very essence of our new project. Coming on board during pre-production you’ll be expected to be at ease not only imagining creative gameplay concepts but also building and balancing prototypes within Unreal Engine 5.
This exciting opportunity to work with a close-knit, creative, and friendly team is ideal for an experienced designer looking to move into a senior role and who wants to leave their mark on the final game.
- Work closely with the lead designer on designing creative game features and initiatives to build the vision for the game.
- Empathic and excited by the diversity of audiences and keen to engage with as many different kinds of players as possible.
- Act as owner and champion for major gameplay features and systems from concept to release.
- Define, develop, and drive the core design and its interdisciplinary requirements.
- Document and communicate your design concepts and features.
- Prototype, develop, and iterate along with the support of other departments.
- Design systems that are scalable, versatile, and above all fun to play.
- Work well independently and in agile groups as required to develop within Unreal Engine.
- Inspire not only yourself but those in the team to create exciting, fun, and ambitious games.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 1 shipped title
- Experience in building and balancing game systems
- An understanding of different player demographics and how design can engage them differently
- Ability to write and manage design documentation
- Solid understanding of trends within the games industry and how games will evolve in the future
- Scripting in Unreal Engine Blueprints or similar visual languages
- A love for systemic action-adventure games
- Experience in prototyping game features a plus
- Competitive salary and health insurance on a permanent contract
- Relocation assistance
- 30 Paid holiday days
- Discounted city travel card
- Company bonus scheme
- Paid company conferences
- Hybrid work along with the possibility to take longer periods out of the office.
- Company social events
- A creative city to explore and live in